Male Factor Infertility
Male infertility is common and affects about 40% of infertile couples. Diagnosis of male infertility is a simple test, which only requires a semen sample. At Dominion Fertility, we routinely perform semen analysis and are experts in the field.
Information about Having a Semen Analysis
- You do not need to be a patient; however, you will need a physician’s referral.
- The cost is $180 without insurance.
- Turnaround time is only a week.
- Your referring doctor will receive a detailed report with recommendations.
- Semen collection can be performed at home and brought into either of our Arlington, Bethesda or Fairfax locations with a drop off appointment.
- We also offer comfortable, private rooms at either of our locations if you choose to provide a sample at one of our offices.
The best treatment for male infertility is IVF and ICSI for the majority of patients. Varicocelectomy is rarely helpful and can significantly delay proven treatments. Have yourself or your partner tested today at Dominion Fertility and receive a full report from our experts.
How this Couple Overcame Male Infertility – Real Dominion Fertility Care
At age 30 years old, a couple with male factor infertility for 2 years, went to an infertility clinic.
Her evaluation was completely normal. Her husband’s semen analysis showed 3.5M/30% motility/2% normal morphology, obviously a severe male factor. They advised a varicocelectomy. Post op his count diminished to 2.5M and 2 years later, no pregnancy.
She then came to Dominion Fertility, underwent stimulated IVF, obtained 20 eggs and produced 4 PGT normal embryos. After her first embryo transfer, she became pregnant and now has 3 more embryos cryopreserved for her next baby.
“Evidence that varicocelectomy improves the clinical pregnancy rate is elusive” (ASRM, 2014)